Skip to main content

Best Kept Secret in Phoenix?

Jon and I were talking this morning and we agreed that there is only one thing that we miss about our old life in Phoenix (other than our friends, of course). That one thing is Noel.

Noel is the guy who fixed us when we were broken using myopractics and neuro-muscular therapy. And not only is he really good at that but he's a super nice guy, too.

How nice, you ask? Well, the day we moved out of our house, I hurt my back. I didn't realize it until the next morning but by the end of our going away party, I could barely stand up straight. Noel agreed to see me at 8am on SUNDAY morning before we left town. That's nice! He fixed my back and I was able to make the long two-day drive to Colorado pain-free.

Noel is not someone we wanted to keep to ourselves; if you have ANY problems with your back or your joints or your muscles or anything, definitely give him a call! If you do, please tell him hi from us and that we miss him!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photo courtesy of perpetualplum

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are We Here?

There are three ways to answer this question: Why are we here? (What are you two up to?) For the past few years we have been watching our budget closely, paying off our debt, and saving as much as we can. This has given us the freedom to pursue a dream. What dream, you ask? A random one! While we do not have a definite goal or specific plan, we have developed some guiding principles: Let life rule instead of work. Explore the country and the world. Trade "stuff" for genuine experiences. Create rather than consume. Develop a spirit of volunteerism. Take odd jobs in unfamiliar disciplines to see if there is something we love, but don't yet know we love. Live in the moment. Work for ourselves as much as possible. Dance outside our comfort zones in order to grow. Find a way to stretch the money we have saved for as long as possible. Identify properties of cities that we like should we choose to "settle down" again. ("You kids back there bet...

I spy...

I was looking for directions on Google Maps today when I realized that Google had just added "birds-eye" views for Fort Collins. So, of course, I went to see what our home looks like. Much to my surprise, I found that Google just happened to catch us on the morning of March 29, 2012. Our moving day! So, you better think twice before deciding to run around naked in your back yard. You never know when the aerial photography plane is going to fly by!

Boeke Prospective City Analysis Matrix AND House Walk Through!

Several people have asked us how we picked Fort Collins as a place to live so I thought I would share the story with all of you. Or rather, the Matrix. Because that is how we decided. We called it the Prospective City Analysis and this is what it looked like (click to enlarge): Once we were mostly done filling in the Matrix (we had a hard time finding some city data), we sat on it for awhile and "tried out" the front runners in our heads. That would be why we told some of you that we were going to live in Durango...or Prescott...or Seattle...or Manitou Springs (a late entry after the Matrix was completed). But each time, something didn't feel quite right to us so we would move on to the next place on our radar, hoping something would stick.  And Fort Collins did. It didn't wither under the intense scrutiny that I put it under and when we got here to do our final "walk through", it felt right.  And that feeling hasn't gone away. I love that I can ge...