We here at Curious Souls H.Q. are always looking for ways to save a buck or two. So, when shopping around online for a wort chiller for home brewing, we found the following prices:
So, off to the hardware store...
- 3/8" (internal diameter) Vinyl Tubing (10 feet) = $4.15
- Sink to hose adapter (varies based on your type of sink) = $4.79
- 3/8" X 20' Copper Tubing = $24.13
- Vinyl Hose Coupler = $2.49
- Hose clamps (x2) = $1.70
- Band-aids (x2 or x3 or x4) = $1.00
For a total of $38.26 (pre-tax, no shipping), we decided to roll our own.
Here's how it went down...
And, of course, there is the joy of having made something all by yourself! Priceless & fun!