Skip to main content

Southern CA Recap

 Much to do in the big city!  Here is a recap of the activities of the past week in and around the City of Angels...

3/26 (Friday): 
  • Thai Dinner at Ayara.  Be sure to try "When Tigers Cry"
  • "The Fortunate Sons" cheesy tight shiny pants band at The Lighthouse



  • Rock Band.  "Wanted Dead or Alive" is harder than you think.  But I rocked it anyway.
3/27 (Saturday):
  • Baja Sharkeez Mimosa Breakfast.  Free mimosas for an hour after your breakfast purchase. Drink 'em quick!
  • Getty Museum.  DaVanci was OK.  The gardens and the view were beautiful.


  • Wine and cheese picnic on the beach
  • Hotel Room Party with Wine Teasers (thanks for the game MB!)
3/28 (Sunday):
  • Three Squares Cafe & Bakery
  • Venice Beach





  • Saying goodbye to Anna, Rich and Simone.  Thanks for visiting us!
  • Beer and March Madness at Beaches



  • Beer at Ercoles



  • Extra dirty martini, yummy margaritas and the best meatballs on the Pacific at Side Door.  Not to mention the friendliest bartender ever.  Thanks, Masud!
3/29 (Monday):
  • Took the Van to Joe's Auto Services to have the transmission looked at.  Ended up getting out the door with only a tune-up, which seems to have fixed the slipping issue.  Thanks, Joe!
  • Breakfast at Good Stuff
  • Packing up for the Combs / Rosen big move
  • Pizza
3/30 (Tuesday):

3/31 (Wednesday):


4/1 (Thursday):

4/2 (Friday):

Comments

  1. Thanks for bringing a little So Cal back into my life! I miss it so! Happy to see you guys are getting into a good travel groove :)
    mb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are We Here?

There are three ways to answer this question: Why are we here? (What are you two up to?) For the past few years we have been watching our budget closely, paying off our debt, and saving as much as we can. This has given us the freedom to pursue a dream. What dream, you ask? A random one! While we do not have a definite goal or specific plan, we have developed some guiding principles: Let life rule instead of work. Explore the country and the world. Trade "stuff" for genuine experiences. Create rather than consume. Develop a spirit of volunteerism. Take odd jobs in unfamiliar disciplines to see if there is something we love, but don't yet know we love. Live in the moment. Work for ourselves as much as possible. Dance outside our comfort zones in order to grow. Find a way to stretch the money we have saved for as long as possible. Identify properties of cities that we like should we choose to "settle down" again. ("You kids back there bet...

I spy...

I was looking for directions on Google Maps today when I realized that Google had just added "birds-eye" views for Fort Collins. So, of course, I went to see what our home looks like. Much to my surprise, I found that Google just happened to catch us on the morning of March 29, 2012. Our moving day! So, you better think twice before deciding to run around naked in your back yard. You never know when the aerial photography plane is going to fly by!

Boeke Prospective City Analysis Matrix AND House Walk Through!

Several people have asked us how we picked Fort Collins as a place to live so I thought I would share the story with all of you. Or rather, the Matrix. Because that is how we decided. We called it the Prospective City Analysis and this is what it looked like (click to enlarge): Once we were mostly done filling in the Matrix (we had a hard time finding some city data), we sat on it for awhile and "tried out" the front runners in our heads. That would be why we told some of you that we were going to live in Durango...or Prescott...or Seattle...or Manitou Springs (a late entry after the Matrix was completed). But each time, something didn't feel quite right to us so we would move on to the next place on our radar, hoping something would stick.  And Fort Collins did. It didn't wither under the intense scrutiny that I put it under and when we got here to do our final "walk through", it felt right.  And that feeling hasn't gone away. I love that I can ge...